Best Oral Surgeon in San Jose
What is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery refers to the dental procedures that are performed in a general dentist's office. This oral procedure involves problems with the patient's mouth while maxillofacial procedures are performed on the patient's jaw and face.
The surgeon who performs these procedures works to diagnose and treat various injuries that afflict the patient. These injuries may occur in the head, the patient's jaws, the neck, or even the face. The oral surgeon must be qualified to perform oral surgery on the patient. They perform many complex procedures such as rebuilding the patient's jaw, removal of wisdom teeth, and other dental necessities. Therefore, oral surgery is extremely useful to patients requiring surgical help.
What are the Types of Oral Surgeries Provided to patients?
Some of the procedures that come under oral surgery are:
- Oral surgeons perform tooth extractions in cases of impacted or erupted teeth. If these teeth can’t come out on their own then a surgeon must remove them so that they do not cause damage to the remaining teeth in the patient's mouth.
- Corrective Jaw Surgery is also known as Orthognathic surgery, which helps to treat problems that affect the patient's jaw. If jaw problems are left untreated, they can cause problems with talking, chewing, bite strength and many other things.
- Damaged wisdom teeth can cause bacterial infections in the patient's mouth. They must be removed as soon as possible to maintain oral health.
When do you Need an Oral Surgeon?
The oral surgeon performs many procedures such as dental implants or various cosmetic services for the patients. They may also treat tumors and cysts present in the patient's jaw. The patient may require surgery if they are suffering from TMD disorder or if their wisdom teeth are impacted. When teeth are damaged and severely chipped, oral surgeons can provide patients with the necessary help that they require. Often many patients suffer from issues of the jaw or joint and it must be treated as quickly as possible. Sleep apnea and breathing issues are other reasons for seeking the help of an oral surgeon. Oral surgeons perform many important functions for their patients that help them to live fuller and more comfortable lives.
What are the Benefits of Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery procedures are beneficial to patients suffering from dental problems. Some of the benefits of oral surgery are:
- It helps correcting problems with the patient's jaw so that they do not have to suffer from acute pain.
- Provide cosmetic and corrective surgery to patients who require these procedures.
- Missing teeth can be restored.
- Oral surgery procedures prevent dental damage from increasing significantly.
- Oral surgery can also help to remove decayed and damaged teeth in order to prevent bacterial infection.
- Traumatic injuries to the face or the patient's teeth can be treated effectively with the help of oral surgery procedures.
The word surgery can be very frightening for most people. Oral surgery is a safe and an effective method to cure a person’s persistent dental problems. With the help of this surgery, you can rest easy knowing that your dental health is top notch.