General Dentist in San Jose, CA
What are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a prosthetic device that is cemented onto the patient's teeth to protect the damaged part. Teeth that are worn-out, decayed, cracked, or broken can be fixed leveraging dental crowns. These crowns cover the damaged teeth and provide them with strength, improve their appearance, and also help them to look more aligned. In most cases, the dental crown is matched to the patient's tooth color so that it looks natural and does not affect the patient's appearance. It is used in many different cases and is a very useful prosthetic device.
When do you Need Dental Crowns?
These crowns are very useful to patients for:
- Protecting weak teeth from further damage or from getting fractured.
- The attachment of dental bridges and the formation of a stronger support structure.
- Improving the look of teeth that have become discolored or stained over time.
- Providing weak teeth with strength, and in the process improving the patient's speech and bite strength.
- Replacement of fillings that have become too large and problematic.
- Protection of teeth from further bacterial infection.
What are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a dental device that fills in the gaps between the teeth. It is cemented onto the teeth around the gap. The device serves as a replacement for the lost teeth so that the remaining teeth do not move out of position. This device is very useful as it protects the patient's oral health and prevents unsightly gaps from ruining the aesthetic of the patient's smile.
What are the Uses of Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are very useful to people due to many different reasons like:
- Restoration of the patient's smile.
- Maintaining the shape of the patient's smile and their face as well.
- Prevention of the patient's remaining natural teeth from moving out of position.
- Protection of the teeth and gums.
- Prevention of temporomandibular joint disorder from advancing.
What are the Benefits of Dental Crowns and Bridges?
The crowns and bridges help to improve the patient's appearance and their smile too. They are a convenient procedure and are safe dental prosthetics. The best part of these devices is that they are strong, stable, and resilient. All of these advantages make the devices a good option for people with damaged teeth.